Effective Date Sept 27, 2016
- Does Cercacor Participate in the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework?
Cercacor participates in and has certified its compliance with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework. Cercacor is committed to subjecting all personal data received from European Union (EU) member countries, in reliance on the Privacy Shield Framework, to the Framework’s applicable Principles. To learn more about the Privacy Shield Framework, visit the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Privacy Shield List here.
Cercacor is responsible for the processing of personal data it receives, under the Privacy Shield Framework, and subsequently transfers to a third party acting as an agent on its behalf. Cercacor complies with the Privacy Shield Principles for all onward transfers of personal data from the EU, including the onward transfer liability provisions.
With respect to personal data received or transferred pursuant to the Privacy Shield Framework, Cercacor is subject to the regulatory enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission. In certain situations, Cercacor may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our U.S.-based third party dispute resolution provider (free of charge) at https://feedback-form.truste.com/watchdog/request.
Under certain conditions, more fully described on the Privacy Shield website, you may be entitled to invoke binding arbitration when other dispute resolution procedures have been exhausted.
- Does Cercacor Participate in the U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor Program?
Cercacor complies with the U.S. – Swiss Safe Harbor framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal data from Switzerland. Cercacor has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view Cercacor’s certification, please visit https://safeharbor.export.gov/swisslist.aspx.
What Personal Information About Customers Does Cercacor Gather?
Information You Give Us:When you sign up to receive product updates and other notifications on our website, purchase products, or contact us, we may collect a variety of information, including your name, your IP address,mailing address, phone number, email address, contact preferences, and credit card information.
Mobile: When you download and set up apps created by Cercacor, we may collect a variety of information such as full name, email address, mailing address, phone number, age, biological sex, or date of birth. In addition, during the use of our apps, we may also collect information about your health/wellness, your location, and your mobile device. When you download and use our mobile application, we automatically collect information on the type of device you use, operating system version, and the device identifier (or "UDID").
- Does Cercacor Collect Any Non-Personal Information?
As you navigate through and interact with our website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our website, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the website.
- Information about your computer and Internet connection, operating system and browser type.
- We gather certain non-personal information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data.
- We may collect data about how you use your device and applications in order to help app developers improve their apps.
- The information we collect automatically is statistical data and may not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties, including through purchased marketing data about our customers. This helps us to improve our website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, which enables us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our website.
- Analyze trends in the aggregate and administer the website.
- How Does Cercacor Use the Personal Information Collected?
- The personal information we collect allows us to keep you posted on Cercacor’s latest product announcements, software updates, and upcoming events. If you don’t want to be on our mailing list, you can opt out anytime by updating your preferences here.
- We also use personal information to help us create, develop, operate, deliver, and improve our products, services, content, and advertising, and for loss prevention and anti-fraud purposes.
- We may use your personal information, including date of birth, to verify identity, assist with identification of users, and to determine appropriate services. For example, we may use date of birth to determine the age of Cercacor account holders.
- From time to time, we may use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Because this administrative and service-related information is important to your interaction with Cercacor, you may not opt out of receiving these communications.
- We may also use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve Cercacor’s products, services, and customer communications.
- We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
- Does Cercacor’s Website or Mobile App Use Tracking Technologies?
We and our partners, affiliates, or analytics or service providers, may use any of the tracking technologies listed below to analyze trends, administer the website, track users’ movements around the website, learn about user behavior on the website, to improve our product and services, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. Cercacor may also use this information in our marketing and advertising services:
Local Storage (HTML5). Local Storage (HTML5) to provide certain features on our website, to display advertising based on your web browsing activities, and/or to store content information and preferences. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5.
Web Beacons. Pages of our the website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit Cercacor, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics such as recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity.
- Can I opt out of behavioral tracking and how does Cercacor respond to browser signals and other mechanisms that enable me to exercise choice about behavioral tracking(*Do not track disclosure)?
If you are located in the European Union, click here (http://www.youronlinechoices.eu). Please note this does not opt you out of being served ads; you will continue to receive generic ads.
*Do Not Track Disclosure:
Currently, various browsers offer a “do not track” or “DNT” option which sends a signal to websites visited by the user about the user's browser DNT preference setting. Cercacor does not currently commit to responding to browsers' DNT signals with respect to the Cercacor’s websites, in part, because no common industry standard for DNT has been adopted, including no consistent standard of interpreting user intent.
- Is data collected from Children? Can data collected inadvertently from children be deleted?
Cercacor does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian who knows or has discovered that your child under the age of 13 has submitted his or her personal information or other information without your consent, permission, or authorization, upon your request, we will promptly remove your child’s personal information or other information from our database, cease the use of such information, and direct any other party with access to such information to do the same.
- How Does Cercacor Share Information It Collects?
Service Providers: We may provide your personal information to companies that provide services on our behalf to help us with our business activities such as fulfilling your orders, delivery of product, processing credit card payments, or offering customer service. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
Legal Disclaimer: We may also disclose your personal information:
- as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or similar legal process;
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request;
- if Cercacor is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website of any change in ownership, uses of your personal information, and choices you may have regarding your personal information; and
- to any other third party with your prior consent.
- Which Information Can I Access?
Examples of information you can easily access at Cercacor.com or via our mobile app include up-to-date information regarding recent orders, personal information (including name, email, health/wellness data, communications, and personalized preferences), payment settings (including credit card information, promotional certificate, and gift card balances), e-mail notification settings (including product availability alerts, deliveries, and newsletters).
Upon request, Cercacor will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your personal information. You may access, correct or request deletion of your personal information by logging into your account or contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe.
What Choices Do I Have?
If your personal information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, or if you believe that one of your contacts has provided us with your personal information and you would like to request that it be removed from our database, you may update or delete your personal information by emailing us at email@example.com, or by contacting us at the phone number or postal mailing address at the contact information listed below. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe.
Opt-out Preferences: If you wish to subscribe to our newsletter(s), we will use your name and email address to send the newsletter to you. You may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails, accessing the email preferences in your account settings page, or contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also choose not to provide the personal information that we have requested, but, if you chose not to do so, in many cases we will not be able to provide you with our products or services or respond to any queries you may have.
Geo-Location: With your permission, we collect your location-based information for the purpose of tracking correlations between changes in geo-specific information (such as elevation, humidity, and temperature), and the device's measurement of health/wellness information.
Turn off Location services: Mobile devices provide users with the ability to disable location services. These controls are located in the device's settings menu. You may opt-out of location-based services at any time by editing the setting at the device level.
Mobile Analytics: We use mobile analytics software to allow us to better understand the functionality of our mobile software on your phone. This software may record information such as how often you use the application, the events that occur within the application, aggregated usage, performance data, and from where the application was downloaded. We do not link the information we store within the analytics software to any personally identifiable information you submit within the mobile application.
Push Notifications: We send you push notifications in order to enable link loss, a notification to let you know that your phone may not be in pairing distance with Cercacor’s device. Mobile devices provide users with the ability to disable push notifications. These controls are located in the device's settings menu. You may opt-out of push notifications at any time by editing the setting at the device level.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
The security of your personal information is important to us. We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once it is received. If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, you can contact us at email@example.com.
- What About Links to Third Party Sites?
What About Information Entered Through Other Media Channels?
Blogs/Forums:Our website offers publicly accessible blogs or community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
Testimonials: We display personal testimonials and other endorsements of satisfied customers on our website. With your consent, we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at email@example.com.
If you have questions about this Privacy Privacy or our data practices, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or as follows:
Cercacor Laboratories, Inc.
40 Parker Drive
Irvine, CA 92618
Phone: 1 (800) 610-8522